This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to identify training needs, draw up workplace skills plans and annual training reports. It will also give you a good understanding of the NQF and help you to develop your skills in the Education and Training Development field.
Our Accredited Skills Development Facilitator (SDF) Course is based on:
Unit Standard: 114924, NQF 5, 5 credits
Unit Standard: 15218, NQF 6, 4 credits
Unit Standard: 15232, NQF 5, 6 credits
Unit Standard: 15217, NQF 5, 6 credits
Unit Standard: 15227, NQF 4, 4 credits
Unit Standard: 15228, NQF 5, 10 credits
Successful students will be certified on NQF level 4 – 6 and awarded with 35 credits.
The course takes place over 4-5 days, depending on the size of the group, during which we cover theoretical and practical work through a simulation in class.
Our courses are based on outcomes-based principles and we focus on small group sessions, which ensure that every student receives individual attention.
We offer courses in Nelspruit, Durban, Bloemfontein and Port Elizabeth but we travel for groups of more than five students. All our courses are generic and accepted by all SETA’s and ETQA’s, so it doesn’t matter in which field you work, we cater for everybody.
After the contact session learners are also expected to complete some activities on their own.
The course fee includes support after the course which can be given through another contact session or telephonically, which ever suits the student best.
Duration: 4-5 days
Understand Outcomes-based Education
Develop training and development plan
Conduct a learning needs analysis
Conduct skills development admin
Co-ordinate skills development interventions
Advise on a Quality Management System
Learners are required to participate fully in group and individual learning activities throughout the workshop. Learners are also encouraged to identify and express their specific learning needs and to contribute freely from their own experience. During the four day contact session, the facilitator also focus on change management and motivational aspects, as we’ve identified these issues as key areas of SAQA and implementing the NQF.
During the workshop, participants will be briefed on how to prepare and present a Portfolio of Evidence for assessment. As soon as a candidate SDF is found to be competent, and once Equipt has received endorsement – including your official number from the ETDP SETA, we will issue the necessary certificate on NQF level 4-6, (35 credits).
Our accreditation number at the ETDP SETA is ETDP10388.
Practitioners applying to enter a learning programme for this ETD standard – or applying to be assessed against this ETD standard – are assumed to have a qualification or equivalent competence in an occupation in which they will practice this ETD competence with Communication, Mathematical and Computer literacy on NQF level 4.
This standard describes the ETD competence, which will be needed for them to facilitate targeted skills development in relation to their occupational competence.
- Understand OBE (Outcomes-based Education)
- Explain OBE
- Describe NQF (National Qualifications Framework)
- Describe Unit Standards
- Describe Qualifications
- Develop a plan on how to implement NQF within organisation
- Conduct a learning needs analysis
- Plan and organise analysis process
- Conduct the analysis
- Develop a matrix of outcomes needed
- Co-ordinate skills development interventions
- Identify and prioritise learners’ learning requirements
- Plan and organise learning interventions
- Co-ordinate learning interventions
- Review and report on learning interventions
- Develop training and development plan
- Conduct analysis to identify skills requirements of organisation (what is needed)
- Conduct analysis to identify current skills (what you have) and develop skills profile
- Define training and development needs and priorities
- Develop training and development plan (WSP)
- Conduct skills development admin
- Collate and store data
- Provide information related to skills development
- Contribute to improvement of systems and procedures
- Advise on a QMS (Quality Management System)
- Assist in identification and interpretation of quality assurance
- Plan and prepare to assist in design and establishment of a QMS Assist in design of QMS for skills development practices
- Assist in development of effectiveness indicators for skills development practices
- Assist in development of QMS
- Assist in implementation and improvement of QMS